According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the United States 2013 to 2014 winter season was one of the coldest and snowiest seasons on records. It seems like the 2014 to 2015 season is going to be just as blustery. Well, except Florida. Florida, is doing just great. There seems to be an invisible force-field stopping all that winter madness at the border. Our winter temperatures have been mild, especially when compared to the rest of country. And our summers? Oh it’s hot, but without the record smashing heat waves being experienced above our lovely peninsula.
You may be wondering, okay, the weather is weird. What does that have to do with Grand Events of Florida? It all comes down to two words:
From the Panhandle to the Florida Keys, Florida provides amazing venues for your indoor or outdoor wedding. The wonderful weather, the gorgeous views, the great accommodations, the ease of access…Florida has all the features of a premier destination for your wedding.
Plus, your guests will absolutely LOVE you. Sure, there is always the grumpy Uncle or Negative Nelly cousin who may groan about the need to travel, but let’s face it – a trip to Florida? Hardly torture!
Let us share some of the premier locations for a destination wedding that your family and friends are sure to love:
- South Walton – South Walton in the Florida Panhandle boasts of a long coastline. There are 16 beach communities and finding a waterfront beach wedding spot is not difficult on the Choctawhatchee Bay or on the Gulf of Mexico. If you are planning to have your wedding on a yacht, take to the high seas on SOLARIS, a grand 125 feet luxurious yacht in Northwest Florida. It offers exquisite dining and entertainment options to guests all with spectacular views of Choctawhatchee Bay.
- Miami area – People intending to host a glamorous seaside wedding ceremony coupled with South-beach style reception flock to the Miami area. While a simple wedding is possible in Miami, but wedding parties mainly come to experience the lavish lifestyle of South Beach. Ultramodern resorts, iconic hotels, lush green golf courses, miles of splendid coast line, and award-winning cuisine makes the Miami area a delicious treat for the couple and guests.
- Orlando – Many people, when they hear “Orlando, Florida”, immediately think Walt Disney World! While Mickey’s place is an enchanting wedding destination, there is so much more to Orlando. With a vibrant downtown, Orlando offers a wide range of exciting wedding options. For those favoring an outdoor wedding, Lake Eola with its beautiful grounds and iconic Memorial Fountain is a stunning background for your nuptials. If you prefer an indoor celebration, the variety of historic to modern hotels and venues is simply mind boggling. (Don’t worry, the experts at Grand Events will help you sort it all out)
- Tampa Bay Area – The beauty of Tampa Bay is that it offers so many diverse options: elegant in-land hotels in the downtown settings, riverside venues, gorgeous ranches, beachfront views, island escapes, and even luxury yachts. Tampa Bay offers the best combinations of rustic elegance, southern country vintage, beach festivities, and modern luxuries. Guests have such diverse choices of pre-and-post wedding day entertainment such as The Florida Aquarium, Busch Gardens, Caladesi Island, and Downtown St. Petersburg. Whether you are planning a lavish wedding or a small intimate one, Tampa Bay is sure to capture your heart.
- Florida Keys – The Florida Keys offer some of the most eclectic destination wedding venues with a rich, historical ambiance. Key West offers options from the Earnest Hemingway House to luxury catamarans. Key Largo offers opportunities for divers to take a deep plunge in the coral reef or at the Christ of the Deep statue. You can even book an exclusive underwater honeymoon with amazing views of sub-sea marine life. Whichever island you choose, a Florida Keys destination wedding is an experience of a lifetime.
Have you been dreaming of a wedding get-away? Destination weddings are wonderful because so much is done for you. Typically, all you need to do is show up and enjoy! The team at Grand Events has over 25 years of experience in planning Florida weddings and we have never had a wedding disrupted by snow! Our crew knows all the historic and modern venues for your destination wedding. Whether your special day includes a horse carriage on a historic ranch or a sunset beach ceremony, we will help you get all the details in place and make sure your event is a Grand Event.